Creamy & Hearty but Raw & Vegan!
With the colder weather upon us, the cravings for hearty and creamy food seem to be increasing. This dish will not only satisfy those needs, but it’ll do that while staying true to you in a raw and vegan way.
We’re utilizing cashews, pine nuts, and hemp seeds to give you the various benefits of these nuts and their flavors and it’s garnished with broccoli microgreens to tie the whole dish together.
The Benefits of Raw & Vegan
Broccoli Microgreens: Proven through many different studies, such as this one by John Hopkins Medicine, broccoli microgreens are known to be cancer fighting. They contain sulforaphane which helps the body fight off ravaging diseases such as cancer, as well as fight off inflamation, radiation, and DNA-damaging chemicals.
Kelp Noodles: It is said that kelp noodles offer a wide range of health benefits, partly due to their iodine content. For instance, kelp is sometimes said to improve thyroid health, promote weight loss, reduce inflammation, and enhance heart health. No to mention, they’re a great vegan, gluten-free, and low carb replacement to other pastas.
Hemp Seeds: Hemp seeds are exceptionally high in omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. They’ve also been proven to improve the effects of heart disease, skin disorders, PMS, menopause, and digestion. adding these to our recipe instead of just cashews really help up the health factor of this dish.
Kelp Noodle Fettuccine Alfredo
- High-Speed Blender
- 12 oz Kelp Noodles
- 12 oz kona noodles or more kelp noodles
- 1¾ cup Cashews raw
- ½ medium Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Himylayn Salt
- 1 handful Broccoli Microgreens
- 1 handful oregano, thyme, basil, cilantro optional
- 7 cups water
- 2 tbsp raw hemp seeds
- 1 medium juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp raw tahini
- 2 pinches pink himalyan salt
- Add all ingredients except for water and noodles to food processor.
- Slowly add water until you've reached desired consistency.
- Follow Noodle instructions on the box or bag. Be sure to rinse kelp noodles in warm water and cut to the desired length.
- Put noodles in bowl and pour sauce on top. Garnish with salt, pepper, and broccoli microgreens.
Give this recipe a try and save it to your Pinterest for future dinners! Let us know what you think in the comments below!