Broccoli Seed for Sprouts or Microgreens (8 oz)
We seek out the highest quality seeds for sprouting broccoli or broccoli microgreens.
Expect our broccoli seeds to produce healthy broccoli sprouts/microgreens in 3-10 days.
- Soak seeds in water (twice the height of the seeds) in a bowl overnight. About 2 tables spoons should make about 1 mason jar’s worth for a weeks worth of broccoli sprouts.
- Drain seeds in a fine strainer or cheese cloth in the morning and then rinse seeds with fresh water and leave in the strainer. Cover with a moist paper towel or cloth.
- Rinse seeds in fresh water again in the evening if they are dry.
- Rinse once or twice a day for about 2-3 days until sprout is ready to eat.
- Keep in jar/container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Store in paper towel to reduce moisture.
- (Day 1) Soak 1/4 cup of seeds for a 10″ x 20″ tray in water in a bowl overnight. (Water twice the height of the seeds)
- (Day 2)Drain seeds in a fine strainer or cheese cloth in the morning and then rinse seeds with fresh water and leave in the strainer. Cover with a moist paper towel or cloth.
- (Day 2) Rinse seeds in fresh water again in the evening if they are dry.
- (Day 2-3) Rinse once or twice a day until sprouted.
- (Day 3)Plant sprouted seeds in .5-1″ of soil in 10″ x 20″ tray. Water tray with a gentle midst thoroughly. Cover with an empty tray to keep seeds dark.
- (Day 3-4)Water 1-2 times a day and recover tray for 2 days.
- (Day 5-10) Uncover the tray and keep in full-spectrum LED light or indirect sunlight. Water 1-2 times a day when soil is dry.
- (Day 10) Broccoli microgreen tray will last for about 5-10 days in the refrigerator. Harvest by cutting with scissors or a knife/razor. Harvested product in a container with paper towel will last 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
Broccoli Sprouts are known to have many times the nutrients as adult broccoli and to have anti-cancer and immune system boosting qualities.